When consumers are thinking of buying a product or service, they go online to do some research. Social media profiles are often high on brand search lists. Consumers will likely see your Facebook page before they see your website. That should tell you how important it is to use your social media to create and build a trustworthy brand. In fact, social media channels are search engines too, and many times consumers go directly to Facebook or other social media channels to search for information.
While your website is packed with information about your products or services, social media can work to build trust with consumers by allowing them to see beyond the advertising and see what a business is about on a daily basis as content changes. .
Each of the tactics below is simple and easy to do, but when you look at the overall effect, you will see how your Facebook page will help consumers believe that they can trust you and that you are the right choice.
1. Check your page – At one point, Facebook only allowed celebrities and major brands to verify their pages so you know they were dealing with a real person or brand and not an imposter. Now, if it is a legitimate company, it can also be verified. You need proof that you are a real business by providing a business phone number, a utility bill with the business name, or your articles of incorporation.
two. Personal brand – Make sure to use your branding elements when creating your page. Stay consistent with your logo, color scheme, and style.
3. About the page – This is where you can really say something about your core values as a company and let consumers know the important details of the company. You can add links to other social media accounts, links to your website or specific products, and include all of your contact information.
Four. Show some personality – Social media is not about selling your product or service. It is about generating engagement with current or potential clients. Showing product demos, videos or images behind the scenes, even pets and family members can help show that there are real people behind the brand.
5. Include brand influencers – Do you know those people that everyone knows? If you can, include photos of yourself with them or tag them in relevant posts. Only if you know them. Don’t just tag influencers randomly, that’s just bad social media etiquette and they could end up blocking you. This will help attract a new audience to your page.
6. Share good news – Did you get an article or mention in the news? Post it so your followers can share the excitement with you.
7. Facebook Live – This is huge and only gets bigger. Again, your followers will be able to see that you are a real person behind the brand and will be able to interact with you live. Facebook Live videos get a higher organic reach than recorded videos.
Social media allows you to make a good first impression, and since you only get one chance to make a first impression, you better make it great!