The hospitality industry is a multi-billion dollar growth industry. There are many job opportunities available in hotels that are both part-time and full-time. They include housekeeping, waiters and waitresses, kitchen workers like cooks, and then you have other areas like administration, marketing, and human resources. Below are five reasons why you should work for the hospitality industry.
1. A job at a hotel gives you the opportunity to meet and interact with different people, from senior company executives to junior level managers. That means your job can never be boring. It also means that you can gain useful contacts that may come in handy later if you need to further your career.
2. Working in a hotel gives you the opportunity to grow in your career. Depending on what your career goals are, you have the opportunity to rise through the ranks through training and on-the-job experience.
3. Job opportunities are limitless. Throughout the world there are thousands of hotels and many hotel groups including major brands such as Marriot, Best Western and Sheraton, to name just a few. Once you’ve learned the trade in a hotel, you have the option of finding a job at any of thousands of hotels around the world, including working for some of the biggest names in the industry, which is good for your resume. .
4. Job opportunities abroad. Because many of the large hotel groups are located in many countries around the world, you have the opportunity to work away from home in another country. This gives you the opportunity to live and experience what it is like to live in another country with a different culture. You also have the opportunity to travel and enjoy travel and accommodation rates at greatly reduced prices compared to what is available in the market.
5. Job opportunities in the travel and tourism industry. Training and skills gained in the hospitality industry are helpful if you choose to work in the travel and tourism industry. This greatly increases your chances of employment, as the travel and tourism industry includes, among others, sectors such as passenger transport, travel agencies and tour operators.