Learning a language means learning a skill, not acquiring knowledge. Test your understanding of a foreign language by your ability to act on it, not by how much you know about it. Performance refers to your ability to understand, verbalize, read, and write. Knowledge mainly refers to grammar rules and vocabulary.
1. Network with native English speakers. This is the most stubborn task due to the cultural difference, but it can’t really be mastered.
2. If you read enough, you will learn with the aim of obtaining a meaningful vocabulary without having to go to the dictionary at all times.
3. If you are reading an argument, comment on the “for” and “against” points. Once you participate in these comments, apply them to present a short speech in English that tries to recreate what you read just now. Alternatively, use comments to ‘say the text to yourself’ as a mental task. Soon you will become routine not only reading in English, but also thinking in English. Thinking in a foreign language is an essential requirement for fluency.
4. It is totally useless to learn grammar instead of doing it yourself.
5. The superlative way to quit smoking is to quit smoking cigarettes, etc. The superlative way to consume less is to start consuming less. The superlative way to read an article is to read it.
6. Learn basic English reading and listening skills.
7. Watch some television in English. Television is the superlative and generally inexpensive teacher for becoming a real English expert. Not only can you learn correct English from news or talk television shows, but you can also discover everyday English from soap operas and sitcoms.
8. Spend at least an hour every day listening to news or talk shows like NPR (National Public Radio) or BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation; World Service or Radio Four are the best) news. It is a challenge to understand what they are saying since you pay attention to them before, but little by little you will get used to the speed and tone. Then you can get a concise perception of what they are talking about, although you can’t get the point. You don’t need to pay attention to the media for a full hour at a time. It is superlative to spend twenty or thirty minutes to listen discreetly.
9. Reading a newspaper is something superlative that you can organize to learn English. Don’t be stubborn by reading too much for you to adjust depressed. Read a little bit of notebook paper every day. It will put you in touch with a full range of subjects in competent modern English.
10. Use an English-English dictionary and take your dictionary with you wherever you go. If you find the selected lexicon so that you don’t know it, look it up in your dictionary right now.
11. Think in English. Getting used to using English all the time will make it easier for you to take notes and react to it.
12. Remember, there are two types of vocabulary: receptive and productive. Receptive vocabulary refers to vocabulary that you can recognize and understand, but cannot necessarily practice. Productive vocabulary refers to the vocabulary that you know and can apply with confidence.
13. Sentence structure is how we illustrate the correlation between ideas and events.
14. I would say that you have to remove your mother tongue. Interference from your native language is the biggest barrier to acquisition. You participate to unlearn the practice you have acquired in your mother tongue to master the routine you need to chat in a foreign language. This is very difficult and explains the different foreign varieties of English that are heard around the world.
15. Take an English command next to your resident cooperative spirit college in the form of effort hours or on top of the weekend.