Good sleep is necessary for optimal health and can affect your mood, weight, and hormone levels.
Sleep disorders and sleep problems are common modern complaints, including insomnia, sleep deprivation, sleep apnea, snoring, and restless leg syndrome. Sleep disorders and problems are severe enough to interfere with normal physical, mental, social, and emotional functioning.
Some of the main causes of sleep disorders are excessive tiredness, fear, anxiety, copious and abundant meals, coffee, tea and other stimulants taken at night, too hot or noisy room.
A persistent sleep disorder deserves careful attention and medical review.
The astrological factors responsible for sleep disorders/problems are
house 12/sir – natural significator of sleep
4th house/lord-house comforts
Moon -significant of mind/heart/stomach/mood swings
Mercury -represents intelligence and brain nerves
Saturn -represents depression, obstruction and disease
Astrological combinations for sleep disorders.
1. Mercury rules the nerves of the brain, the Moon controls the mind, heart and stomach. Jupiter rules over the liver and lungs. The parts of the body that cause sleep disorders are the nerves in the brain, the lungs, and the liver. Therefore, these three planets are responsible for providing sound sleep.
2. Lord of the 12th house present on 3/6/8 indicates disturbed sleep.
3. The lord of the 3rd, 6th and 12th houses placed in the 12th house indicates inadequate sleep.
4. If the lord of the ascendant/3rd house or the Moon posits in the 12th house then the dream is characterized by vague dreams.
5. The presence of natural malefics like Saturn/Mars/Sun/Rahu/Ketu in the 12th house indicates disturbed sleep.
6. The 12th house hammered between the lords of the 6th and 8th house represents insomnia or sleeping with horrible dreams.
7. Lord 12 burns with the Sun, then the native will suffer from insomnia.
8. The 12th house/lord associated with Venus indicates long hours of sleep.
9. The lord of the 3/4th house present in the 12th house or the lord of the 12th house present in the 3/4th house induces sexual dreams in the mind of the native.
10. Lord of 12 is in exaltation/own house, the native will sleep too much.
11. Lord of house 12 placed in ascendant or lord of ascendant and 12 exchange their houses, then the native develops lazy tendencies and sleeps too much.
12. The 12th house/lord associated with Venus causes excessive sleepiness, especially if Venus is also the lord of the Ascendant/the amount of 4th house sleep exceeds many folds.
13. Rahu associated with the 12th house/lord is responsible for interrupted sleep.
14. If Ketu is associated with the 12th house/lord, the native will remain dull and sleepy.
15. If the lord of the 12th house is weak and is present in the 6/8th house, the sleep period is reduced.