Ever wonder what miracle cures are in your home for various ailments? The next time you go to the grocery store, consider buying a bottle of apple cider vinegar. You might be surprised how versatile and beneficial this inexpensive vinegar is. Apple cider vinegar contains several vitamins and minerals and has many health benefits.
Since before the dawn of our calendar, Hippocrates, the “father of medicine,” has been reported to use it for his patients. Apple cider vinegar is made from the fermentation of fresh, ripe apples. It contains vitamins such as beta-carotene and pectin, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron. It can be used as part of many recipes including salad dressings, marinades, meat tenderizers, and pickles. When looking for the best apple cider vinegar, look for natural and organic varieties that are dark and cloudy, as light and bright ones have very little nutritional value. It can be consumed every morning, adding two scoops to an 8-12 oz. glass of water, with organic honey and lemon juice if its flavor is too strong due to its acidity. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with health benefits, with a sample listed below:
- Lowers cholesterol and regulates blood pressure and blood sugar due to its pectin content. It can help with diabetes.
- It fights bacterial, fungal and yeast infections by adjusting the body’s pH due to its content of malic and acetic acid.
- It can relieve joint pain and help with gout by dissolving uric acid crystals, as well as helping prevent kidney and bladder stones.
- Helps with hair loss, brittle nails and teeth due to its potassium content.
- Helps lose weight by breaking down fats.
- It helps with acne, bad breath, and body odor due to its acid content, breaking down odor-causing bacteria and lowering the pH. Gargle with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water for five to ten minutes.
- Eliminate foot odor by placing your feet in a pot of water and 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes a week.
- It helps with diarrhea as its pectin content coats the lining of the colon. Drink two tablespoons with a large glass of water, three times a day.
- It can help with age spots, due to its sulfur content.
- Treats dandruff by destroying fungi on the scalp and restoring its proper pH balance. Try applying a mixture of half water and half apple cider vinegar directly to the scalp, allowing drying to occur naturally.
- Provides relief from sunburn. Dampen a cloth with apple cider vinegar and dab it gently on sunburn. You can also put the affected body part in an apple cider vinegar bath.
- It stimulates your immune system due to the beta carotene it has.
- It can help with sinusitis and a runny nose due to its potassium content.
- Helps with sore throats. Gargle with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and eight ounces of warm water, with lemon.
- You can help with ear infections by applying a diluted apple cider vinegar solution and sweeping the inner ear.
Many people choose to drink a dilute solution of apple cider vinegar and water every day for health benefits. Side effects are almost nil, but they can cause tooth enamel degradation if consumed too frequently in an undiluted state. Just add water or a pinch of baking soda when consuming to avoid any deterioration of the enamel. From boosting immunity to helping regulate blood sugar, apple cider vinegar is so versatile. A 2004 study by the American Diabetes Society titled “Vinegar improves insulin sensitivity to a carbohydrate-rich meal in subjects with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes” found that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which can slow down the digestion of carbohydrates and therefore lower blood glucose levels. Apple cider vinegar is easy and safe to buy and use, and it can be used as a wonderful alternative to support your health. It remains one of the most popular and inexpensive alternative health remedies on the market today.