Treatment of male yeast infection is necessary after a Candida outbreak. Yeast infection is caused by the same organism responsible for male and female yeast infections. Candidiasis occurs when too much yeast breeds. Candida yeast is found throughout the human body in places like the intestines, throat, digestive tract, and mouth. When the chemical balance of the body becomes unstable and hospitable to Candida; yeast begins to replicate much more quickly. This often results in uncomfortable problems with male yeast infection.
Male causes of yeast infection:
Several conditions contribute to male Candida. Oral and penile yeast are caused by a variety of conditions that affect body chemistry. Here are some common contributing factors:
- Use of antibiotics for long periods
- Sex with someone who has a yeast infection
- Nonoxynol-9 (spermicide often found in condoms)
- Weakened immune system (i.e. HIV)
Male symptoms of yeast infection:
We have looked at a number of causes of male yeast infection, but how can you determine if the problem exists? There are many different possible symptoms of Candida in men and the infection can occur in a variety of damp places. Due to excess skin and the likelihood of increased moisture, it is not uncommon for uncircumcised men to infect the penis with fungus more often.
Here are some of the symptoms typically experienced with male yeast infection:
- White patches in the mouth
- Itching and burning on the penis or inside the mouth
- Redness and / or itchy rash
- White discharge from the penis
Sexually transmitted diseases also present several of these symptoms, so it would be advisable to consult a professional before drawing specific conclusions. They will be able to look at your symptoms and take samples to check for the cause of your infection.
Treatment of male thrush:
What can you do to reduce the chances of oral or penile yeast infection?
- Avoid sex with a partner who has a yeast infection
- Trim your pubic hair to reduce moisture.
- Keep your genitals and any wet areas dry. Try using a powder like Gold Bond or Baby Powder
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that helps promote air circulation.
- Avoid wearing wet clothing for prolonged periods (i.e. bathing suit)
Treating male yeast infection can be as easy as changing your diet to reduce the amounts of refined sugar and alcohol you consume. Candida LOVES sugar, so reduce or eliminate it from your diet if possible. Eat a more balanced diet full of green leafy vegetables and also take Acidophilus tablets. Your yeast infection shouldn’t come back.